Sunday, April 27, 2008

DECENTLY AND IN ORDER

DECENTLY AND IN ORDER

I CORINTHIANS 14

The Purpose of the Gifts

• The Purpose of The Sign Gifts
– To lend authority and proof to the institution of the Gospel and its primary proclaimer, the Local Church. (Acts, I Corinthians 13:10)
– To serve as a sign to the unbeliever of the veracity of the Gospel. I Corinthians 14:22

• The Purpose of The Ministry Gifts
– To be used in the ministry of the gospel and to the saints. I Corinthians 14:12

The Person of the Gifts

• The Holy Spirit of God
– Whose particular concern is the exaltation of Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 12:3
– Who works in many different ways but never works against Himself. I Corinthians 12:4-11
– Who works for the unity of the body of Christ. I Corinthians 12:12-27
– Whose authority is reflected in the ministers of the church as they hold to His Word. I Corinthians 12:28

No comments: