Sunday, March 23, 2008

Newness of Life

Newness of Life
Romans 6:1-14

Every Christian must walk in Newness of life.

Because of the Picture of Baptism. verse 3-4
Baptism shows the death of the old man.
Baptism shows burial/washing away of our sin.
Baptism shows a new man arising. verse 4-5
This new man is raised by and for the glory of the Father.
This new man has the responsibility of walking in newness.

Because of the Victory of the Resurrection. verse 6-7
The Resurrection claimed victory over sin.
The evidence is gone. verse 6
The chains are gone. verse 7
The Resurrection claimed victory over death. verse 9
His resurrection is proof of his ability to raise me from the dead.
2Co 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Because of the Indwelling Spirit of Christ. verse 6 - Galatians 2:20
Christ lives in me.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:


Every Christian must walk in Newness of life.

By Reckoning yourself dead to sin and alive to Christ. verse 11

By Rejecting the old master of sin and surrendering to the new master, Christ. verse 12-14

By Redirecting the passions of your life from sinfulness to Christ-likeness. verse 19-22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

last few days our group held a similar discussion about this subject and you show something we have not covered yet, appreciate that.

- Laura